Pages are the architecture, but page parts actually populate the page with content. The Custom Content page part is the most commonly used page part across SiteWrench.
Quick Links Menu
What's the benefit of the Custom Content page part?
There's no better way to insert basic text and images than with the Custom Content page part. The WYSIWYG page editor (pronounced like "wizzy wig") built into the Custom Content page part is extremely user friendly and offers you all of your familiar text formatting tools. The editor makes it easy to put text and add images, audio or video right onto the page. Linking, creating tables and updating your content couldn't be easier! Learn how to use the WYSIWYG editor.
There is some text pre-loaded onto the Custom Content page part that shows you the styles available on your site. Simply highlight it all and delete it out; it does not show publicly unless you save it.
How to install a Custom Content page part on a page
- Select the Install Page Part button
- Choose Custom Content
- Name the Custom Content something that helps you know what content will be populating. This is for internal use only.
- Select the content area you want this installed in from the drop down and use the on/off toggle if you do not wish to have the page part live on the page yet.
- Decide if you'd like to start from scratch or install content based off of an existing Custom Content page part.
- "New" means you are starting with a blank slate
- "Mirror" means you are installing a page part that has existing content. This content will pull exactly from its mirrored counterpart; so if you adjust the original page part, it updates the mirrored version as well. You will not be able to adjust the mirrored version, just the original. You will need to select from the dropdown that appears which Custom Content page part you would like to mirror.
- "Copy" means you are installing a page part that has existing content. This existing content will populate your new page part, but you will be able to edit it. It's not linked to the original page part the way mirrored page parts are; copying just means you're copying and pasting content and then modifying from there. Same as the mirror option, you will select which Custom Content page part you would like to copy from the dropdown that will appear.
- Once you Install, the page will refresh and it will be loaded onto the bottom beneath the other Page Parts.
- Rearrange the page parts by selecting the "Reorder Page Parts" button and dragging the page parts into the order you'd like.
Adjust the settings of the page part
Select the gear symbol on the right side of the page part heading bar to open your page part settings.
You have the ability to adjust the page part name, what page and area of the page the page part lives on, and whether or not it is active and published.