This is an advanced feature. If you are interested in using it, please contact your account rep for more information.
A Few Notes:
- To use this feature, you MUST choose Advanced as the Import Type from the drop down list before Exporting and before Importing.
- Only where specifically noted, can the header row be modified. The column labels must remain unchanged.
- ALL products in your store MUST have a unique value in the Part Number field on export for the import feature will work. If your products do not have a Part Number, you must add one for this feature to work properly.
- IMPORTANT: It is best to only upload the products that you have modified as the upload process will be MUCH faster and also reduce the likelihood of accidental data changes. To do this, delete the rows from your spreadsheet that you do not wish to modify before uploading.
- You cannot delete products via this upload process. It will only update or create products.
Async Product Export (Beta)
After you click “Export”, you’ll see a new entry in the Exported Files list with a status of "Export processing…". The export process should only take a few seconds and the list will automatically update when the export is ready to download. After the export has finished processing, the document icon on the right side of the entry will change to green and you will see "Entries exported successfully!"; you may click the File URL to download the products CSV file.
These are the fields available in the Advanced Product Import/Export feature:
- Part Number: All of your products MUST have a Part Number before you export. If they do not, the related products will not work and you will not be able to upload the adjusted spreadsheet. The Part Number is the unique identifier the system uses to recognize your products on import. If you upload a part number that does not currently exist, then the system will create a new product.
- Name: The name of the products, displayed in product listings and elsewhere on your website.
- Shortcut: This is the URL for your product. It must be unique.
- Description: This is the Brief Description field for your product in SiteWrench.
- Price: The numeric price for your product. It should NOT include a “$” before it.
- Hide Price: This allows you to hide the price of your product, only showing it to the customer in the shopping cart.
- Y = The price of the product is hidden.
- N = The price of the product is visible.
- Category: This is a product’s category. A product can have only one category. If you enter a category name that does not exist, it will be created on upload.
- Featured: Determines if the product is featured.
- Y = The product is featured
- N = The product is not featured
- Active: Determines if the product is active or archived.
- Y = The product is active
- N = The product is archived
- Related Products: This is a pipe-separated (“|”) list of Part Numbers associated to the product. A Part Number/Product must exist BEFORE another product can be associated to it.
- Taxable: Determines if Sales Tax is applied to a product on checkout
- Y = Sales tax IS applied to the product on check out
- N = Sales tax is NOT applied to the product on check out
- Shown In List: Found in the Display & Access tab of a product’s information, this check box determines whether a product may be shown in product lists.
- Y = Product IS shown in product lists
- N = Product is NOT shown in product lists
- Show In Search: Found in the Display & Access tab of a product’s information, this check box determines whether a product may be displayed as a search result.
- Y = Product CAN be shown as a search result
- N = Product can NOT be shown as a search result
- DoesntShip: Found in the Pickup & Delivery tab of a product’s information, this is related to downloadable products that do not need to ship.
- Y = The product does not ship
- N = The product does ship or is a physical product
- DownloadableProductFileKey: This is the path to a file in SiteWrench that is sold as a product. Leave it blank for all normal products
- DownloadableFileExternalURL: This is the path to an external file sold as a product. Leave it blank for all normal products.
- CanBuy: Found the Basic tab of a product’s information as "Not Available to Buy," this sets whether a product can be added to a cart.
- Y = The product MAY be added to a shopping cart for purchase
- N = The product may NOT be added to a shopping cart for purchase
- Weight: A product’s weight. This is used in weight-based shipping calculation. This should be a number only. If shipping in our store or for this product is not weight-based, the value should be 0.
- Image[1-8]: The file name of a product’s image. For the image to be available on your website, the image must have been uploaded to the Files area in SiteWrench.
- Video: A product may have a video that is displayed with other product images with a cover image that is displayed. The syntax for this field is:
- For the cover image and video to be available on your website, each of the files must have been uploaded to the Files area in SiteWrench.
- Variation: These are product variations created in SiteWrench. The syntax is:
variation name: [cost change]
- For example if you charge $2.00 more for an XXL shirt and $3.00 more for a XXXL shirt, the variation would look like this:
XXL:2.00|XXXL:3.00- If a variation does not have a price change, still include a 0.00 amount.
- You can add new variations using the import, just add a column following the syntax in the first row, then you can add the specific variations to the appropriate products.
- Details: These are the Product Details fields found in the Details tab in SiteWrench. Each field is a label, value pair. The column header indicates the label and the value in the cell indicates the value. You may add variations using the import, just add a column following the syntax in the first row
- Then you can add the detail values to the appropriate products.
- Tags: Tags are found in the Basic tab of a product’s information in SiteWrench. Tags are grouped into TagSets. Each TagSet has its own column in the spreadsheet. A product can have zero to many tags applied from each TagSet. Each tag should be separated by a pipe symbol (“|”). If you add a tag that does not exist to a product, a new tag will be created. You can add new TagSets using the import, just add a column following the syntax in the first row