This is where you configure options for a product. A good example would be a shirt that comes in multiple sizes. The size would be the Product Variation and the various sizes are the Variation Options. You can set this up as a template so that when you are adding and editing your products, its a simple '1 click' to add this template to that product, thus saving you time!
To add a new variation:
- Click the 'Add New' button
- Enter the name of your variation (i.e. size)
- Choose the type of variation you want to add such as Choice or Personalizable. Personalizable variations allow for some input from the buyer such as adding a name to a cake.
- Start entering your Labels for the variation (i.e.: Small, Med, Large) by clicking the 'Add New' button under Existing Options. If the price or weight of the product should adjust based on the option, enter that information. Click 'Save'. If you need to re-order your labels, click the 'Reorder Labels' button.
- To add more options follow step 3 above.
- When you are finished adding options to the variation, click the 'Back to List' link.
To edit an existing variation or option click the edit link to the left of the variation name. If you would like to edit the variation name, click the 'Rename' link to the right of the variation name. If you would like to edit options within this variation click the edit link to the left of the option and follow steps 3 - 5 above.
To remove an option within the variation, click the edit link to the left of the variation's name and then click the trashcan icon to the left of the option's name. When you are finished,click the 'Back to List' link.
To remove a variation altogether, click the trashcan icon to the left of the variation's name.
Article is closed for comments.