Adding New Editors to a SiteWrench site
To add new Editors/Administrators to your site, you will go to the People tab in the left sidebar.
Select the "New Profile" button to enter the new administrators information and to assign permissions. Only give user permissions based on what they need.
- Because you are adding a new administrator to your site, you are verifying the profile. Go ahead and click on the Verified Profile toggle to mark it as verified.
- Assign the user a username. It is preferred that you use the new administrator's email address as the username. You will receive an error if the username is already in use.
- Enter the users email address. If the user already has a profile with the same email address, it will produce an error message.
- Create and confirm a temporary password for the new user to use for their first initial login.
- Make sure to toggle the "Require password reset" on so that the user will be required to reset their password after using the temporary password you created for login.
- Add their name and title (not a required field).
- Click the toggle button to turn set "SiteWrench admin access" for the user.
- Save the new profile.
- Once the profile has been saved, you can then grant permissions based on what the user will need access to. Click on the Admin tab to grant the user All permissions, or to choose specifically what the user should have access to.
- Save changes, and voilà!
Are you unable to add an Editor?
Are you seeing an error that the username or email you're trying to add exists in the system already? But when you look at existing Editors, that email is not on the list?
Here's why: If someone has a profile under "All Members" and then you try to create a SiteWrench editor profile for them using the same username or email, it'll tell you the username/email exists in our system already. That's just because the user may already have a profile in use within SiteWrench.
Here's what to do:
1. Go to People > All Members and search for the username or email address
2. Click on the username to open up the current profile. Within the profile, you can update the information and toggle the SiteWrench admin access button on to grant admin permissions to the user. Save the profile and then grant the permissions the user will need.
Editing & Deleting Existing Editors on SiteWrench
- Go to People > Administrators
- Click on the username of the Editor for basic profile and permissions
- Adjust fields and permissions as needed, but make sure you click "Save Changes."
- You are able to "Delete User" here as well.