Adding New Editors to a SiteWrench site
To add new Editors to your site, you will go to the Settings tab in the left sidebar. It will default to the "Editors" section.
- Select "Add New" and populate at least "First Name, Last Name, Email, Password". Give the user permissions based on what they need (see below).
- Keep the Active checkbox selected if you want their Editor access to begin immediately. If you uncheck it, the Editor will receive an automatic email from SiteWrench to activate their account.
- Save changes, and voilà!
Are you unable to add an Editor?
Are you seeing an error that the email you're trying to add exists in the system already? But when you look at existing Editors, that email is not on the list?
Here's why: If someone has a "People Profile" and then you try to create a SiteWrench editor profile for them using the same email, it'll tell you the email exists in our system already. That's just because the email as a profile was already in use within SiteWrench.
Here's what to do:
1. Go to the People section of SiteWrench and search for that profile. yourURL.com/admin/profile
2. Click on the email address to open up the People Profile. Copy whatever existing profile information you want onto your computer, as once you delete it, that information will disappear. Then scroll down within the profile to Delete it and confirm.
3. Go back to the Editors section on SiteWrench and now you may add in that email address.
Editing & Deleting Existing Editors on SiteWrench
- Go to Settings > Editors (/admin/settings)
- Click on the username of the Editor for basic profile and permissions
- Clicking on the email of the user will allow you to edit the full Profile section including password reset, but it will not allow you to edit the Permissions access.
- Adjust fields and permissions as needed, but make sure you click "Save Changes."
- You are able to "Delete User" here as well.
Active vs. Archived Editors
- When you set up an Editor under /admin/settings, the new user should automatically be active and have access to start editing on SiteWrench.
- Rather than deleting a user, you are able to archive an existing user by clicking the checkbox next to their username and selecting the "Archive" button next to the "Add New" button at the top. This disables the user rather than deleting them entirely out of the system. Now they will not be able to log in as an Editor.
- If an Archived user needs to become Active again, you will need to select the "Archived" view on the dropdown.
Select the checkbox next to the user and select the "Activate" button next to the "Add New" button toward the top.