Adding New Editors to a SiteWrench site
To add new Editors to your site, you will go to the Settings tab in the left sidebar. It will default to the "Editors" section.
- Select "Add New" and populate at least "First Name, Last Name, Email, Password". Give the user permissions based on what they need (see below).
- Keep the Active checkbox selected if you want their Editor access to begin immediately. If you uncheck it, the Editor will receive an automatic email from SiteWrench to activate their account.
- Save changes, and voilà!
Editing & Deleting Existing Editors on SiteWrench
- Go to Settings > Editors (/admin/settings)
- Click on the username of the Editor for basic profile and permissions
- Clicking on the email of the user will allow you to edit the full Profile section including password reset, but it will not allow you to edit the Permissions access.
- Adjust fields and permissions as needed, but make sure you click "Save Changes."
- You are able to "Delete User" here as well.
Active vs. Archived Editors
- When you set up an Editor under /admin/settings, the new user should automatically be active and have access to start editing on SiteWrench.
- Rather than deleting a user, you are able to archive an existing user by clicking the checkbox next to their username and selecting the "Archive" button next to the "Add New" button at the top. This disables the user rather than deleting them entirely out of the system. Now they will not be able to log in as an Editor.
- If an Archived user needs to become Active again, you will need to select the "Archived" view on the dropdown.
Select the checkbox next to the user and select the "Activate" button next to the "Add New" button toward the top.
Permissions for Editors
If you'd like your Editor to be able to edit and access all Pages, the Page Parts installed on them, all the Files on SiteWrench, and the Settings section of the site, you can check one box to give them Full Administrative Access.
However, if you have an Editor whom you'd like to give limited access across the site, we give you that option too. Let's break down the options.
In most instances, you will want to select the top Checkbox next to a Permissions category in order for your Editor to see that section appear in their left sidebar navigation on SiteWrench. The other checkboxes give your Editor the ability to Add, Modify, or Delete. You can give them access to all four checkboxes, or mix and match permissions based on what you prefer.
- To modify existing Files only, you would check the top box for general Files access and then select the Modify box for them to adjust existing Files.
- To Add new Files to SiteWrench, select the top checkboxbox and the Add checkbox.
- By selecting the top checkbox, the Modify checkbox, and the Add checkbox, your Editor can access and edit everything about Files, but he/she cannot delete the files, as that box is not checked off.
Special Notes on Editing Pages
- To modify every existing page on the site, select the Modify (All Pages) checkbox.
- To allow the ability to Add new pages and edit their Page Settings, select the Add checkbox.
- To allow the ability to Delete existing pages, select the Deleted checkbox.
- To allow your Editor access to edit specific pages only, you have to take a two step process.
- Select the top checkbox only for general Pages/Content access. This will only give your Editor the ability to see the Pages in the Page Navigation, they cannot edit them yet.
2. Go to the page settings on the page you want them to edit, and flip to the Editing tab. Add their username and Save. Your Editor will now only be able to edit this one page.
You must add the Editor on a page by page basis. You can select additional options like extending this Editing Access to all subpages underneath this page, or even including an optional email with message.