This is where you can setup discount codes, or auto apply promos, to give your customers discounts.
To setup a new promotion:
- Click on the 'New Promotion' link on the upper right side of the screen.
- Select the type of Coupon Code that you will be setting up. If the coupon code is an actual code that you will be using to give customers a discount, click the 'Promo Code' option. If you want to setup an automatic discount, such as: someone adds 12 items to their cart, they should get $3 off the entire order, you'll want to click 'Auto Apply'.
- Next, for an actual 'Promo Code', enter at least a four character coupon code. If you are using 'Auto Apply', simply enter the name of the auto apply discount.
- Enter the discount that should be associated with the promo, in either a dollar amount or a percentage amount.
- If this should have a usage limit, enter the value. If you want to offer an unlimited quantity use code, enter a large number such as 9999. As an example, if you enter a qty of 25 (for the first 25 customers that use it) then once the 25 have been used, the promo will become invalid.
- Enter the start and expiration dates of the promo. The promotion will not be active before or after these dates.
- Next, select how the promo should be applied. You can choose to apply the promo to the entire order or to specific products. If you choose specific products, you will be given a list of products to select.
- If you have a required quantity that has to be added to the cart in order for the promotion to apply, such as mentioned above where the customer could add 12 items to the cart and then they should get $3 off their order, you would enter a start qty of 12 and a end qty of whatever you would like. In the example and screenshot below, you'll see we entered an end value of 23. So if a customer bought 24 items, this discount would not apply, however, another one would if we had it setup.
- For specific items that the promotion should be applied to - Select the 'Required Items' that should be added to the cart in order for the promotion to apply. Here you can choose either None (no required items), Specific Products, All Products within chosen Categories, or any tag set that you may have setup.
- Click Save and your promotion will be saved and active pending all the above items are met (beginning and ending date ranges, etc).
To edit an existing promotion click the promotion name and edit the information needed and click 'Save'.
To delete a promotion check the box beside the promotion you want to delete, and click the 'Delete Selected' button.