We can purchase your domain names for you and will manage it for your convenience. The primary reason to do this is we set all of our domain names to auto-renew so your domain can't accidentally expire. We also lock all of our domains so that unauthorized attempts to transfer the domain to another provider will be automatically rejected.
If you ever want to take it away from us, we'll help with that process too. We're not domain name hostage takers, guaranteed.
If we manage your domain name's registration (newly purchased or transferred) the cost is $30/year.
Purchasing a New Domain Name
You can purchase a domain name from any registrar and manage everything on your own.
If you would like for us to purchase a domain name for you for $30/year, here's what you need to do:
- Find an available domain name. You can do this in a variety of places, https://domains.google/, for instance.
- Submit a support ticket requesting that we purchase a domain name for you. Please include the domain name and acknowledge that you're ok with us billing you the $30/year.
Also it's really helpful if you tell us how you'd like to use the domain name.
- Is it just another domain name to point to your site?
- Does it need to resolve to a specific page in your site?
- Something else we haven't considered?
- Sit back and relax. We'll take it from here.
What if the domain name you want is already in use?
We have helped quite a few customers purchase domain names from a current owner. The process is different based on the current owner's temperament, disposition and outlook on life. If there's one you want, we'll take a look at it for you and let you know what it MAY take to get it.
Transferring a Domain
What if you own your domain name now, but don't want to keep managing it? No problem. You can transfer it to us and we'll manage it, handle renewals, etc for you. (Remember the no hostages guarantee from above.)
You have two choices here. The first is you can either delegate us access to your registrar account or give us the credentials and we'll do it for you.
If you don't want to give us access to your registrar account (we won't take it too personally), here's how it works.
You keep saying Registrar, what's that and how do I know which one has my domain?
We have an article for that...scroll down a bit and you'll see it.
Steps to transfer a domain
- Auth Code: You login to your registrar and get the Auth Code or Authorization Code.
- Unlock: While you're in your registrar account, be sure that your domain name is unlocked
- Registrant Contacts: Take a look at the email addresses listed as the Admin and Technical contacts are for your domain name. You need to be able to receive email sent to that address. If you don't have access to the email address listed, you can change it, BUT BE WARNED you typically can't transfer a domain with in 30 days of changing that address. (It's a customer protection feature that varies from registrar to registrar.)
- Send us a ticket with the following info:
- Domain name you want to transfer
- The auth code
- Anything else you want us to know.
- Request the transfer: We handle this part. We will use the Auth Code you provide to initiate the transfer request from our Registrar. That'll kick off the automated process beginning with an email being sent to the Admin and Technical contacts listed for your domain name (from #3 above).
- Approve the request: You check the email account from #3 above and follow the instructions to approve the transfer - it's pretty simple, but you have to do it within a couple days of getting the email.
- Now we wait: This part of the process is automated and we just have to wait for the transfer to be approved.
- Confirm and celebrate: Once everything's done emails will be sent by the involved registrars to the contacts involved.
To transfer a domain away from our registrar:
It's the exact process from above, but we just switch roles.
- Tell us you want to transfer: Submit a ticket and tell us the domain(s) you want to transfer. We'll double check billing and be sure you're not a scammer to make sure you're good to go. If so, we'll unlock the domain and supply you with the auth. code.
- Initiate the transfer: Login to your registrar of choice and using the Auth Code follow their process to request the transfer.
- We approve the request: We'll approve the request within a business day of getting the email. We'll let you know it's done and the rest is up to you.