Add Facebook Comments to your SiteWrench blog.
You can embed Facebook Comments so that they appear on each of your individual blog posts. That way if your users are already logged into Facebook on their device, they will be able to easily leave a comment from their profile. Users can reply to an existing comment, allowing you to have conversational threads within your comment section.
Step 1: Get the code from Facebook Comment Generator
- Go to https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/comments/
- Get your full URL link of your primary domain (be sure to include http:// or https://)
- Enter your URL under the Comments Plugin Code Generator
- Adjust the width if desired, but you can leave that blank
- Change the number of visible posts from 5 if you want to increase or decrease
- Select “Get Code”
Step 2: Add the Facebook code to the SiteWrench page
- Copy the HTML in Step 1
- In a separate tab (do not close your Facebook comment generator tab), open the SiteWrench page where your blog is installed and click on the gear symbol to open your Page Settings modal
- Paste the Step 1 code from Facebook into the Head HTML box of the SiteWrench Page Settings modal
- Save the page settings
Step 3: Add the second Facebook code to the Blog page part
- Within your Blog page part on SiteWrench, click on the tab for Settings
- Scroll down to the box that reads “Comment Embed Code”
- Go back to the Facebook Comment Generator tab and copy the second code under Step 3
- Paste this code into SiteWrench’s Comment Embed Code field and Save the blog page part
Step 4: Check the results
- View the front end of your blog detail post to see how the Facebook comments are working for you.