Today between 9:00 am and 10:30 am Central time, sites had intermittent loading issues. You may have experienced very slow loading times, or had pages timeout producing an error message rather than website content.
We want to apologize for the inconvenience this caused for our clients. We know you rely on our services to keep your website and online services running smoothly and without issue.
Your website is balanced across multiple web servers. Today all of our web servers experienced an outage at one point or another, but for the majority of the time, issues were limited to one or two of the servers. This means that only some traffic to your site was affected.
At this point, we do not know the root cause of the issue. We are working with our service provider, Rackspace, to determine the cause and prevent recurrence. We are also monitoring all services and servers carefully.
We have a team on call during the day and after hours that receives immediate alerts when there are server errors or emergencies should this occur. So you can be assured that when your site experiences outage, we know about it. Typically we are already tackling it before you even call us or submit a ticket, although we do encourage you to get in touch so that we can communicate with you directly and give you an update once it’s resolved.
Should you experience an outage like this in the future, you can get in touch a few ways:
- Submit a ticket through your SiteWrench panel if SiteWrench is working for you
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, as this does not require you to have SiteWrench available and it will auto-generate a ticket on your behalf
- Email email@example.com for after hours emergencies. (After-hours rates for 911 tickets do not apply to system availability issues due to network, hardware or software problems.)
- Call us at 901-757-5855 during business hours. (Monday-Thursday 7 am - 5 pm Central; Friday 7 am - 11 am Central)
- Check system status here: https://support.sitewrench.com/hc/en-us/sections/360001139212-Status-Updates
We will post more information when we are able to determine the root cause.