During the September 8/9 data migration, you can use a CDN like Cloudflare to minimize the effects of the downtime. The downtime window is 8 hours:
- Start time: Saturday, September 8, 2018 at 11:00 pm Central
- End time: Sunday, September 9, 2018 at 7:00 am Central
If your site is using Cloudflare, during the downtime window, visitors will see a cached version of your site (a feature called "Always Online"), which will allow them to see and navigate around many of the pages in your site. A few things to note:
- During the downtime, forms and other features that submit data to the server will not work (there won’t be a server there to receive the data).
- During the downtime, visitors will be able to navigate SOME of the pages in your site. They can only navigate pages in your site that in the Cloudflare cache (which will be a lot of them).
- You will not be able to access SiteWrench to make content updates on your site.
See what Cloudflare says about their Always Online feature and its limitations.