Permissions for Editors
You can set permissions for your Admins to restrict their areas of access and editing ability. You can mix and match permissions so that editors can edit content on ALL pages or particular pages, or upload new files but not delete existing files. This ability should allow you to dole out appropriate editing permissions to your team members.
Full Editing Access
If you'd like your Editor to be able to edit and access all Pages, the Page Parts installed on them, all the Files on SiteWrench, and the Settings section of the site, you can check one box to give them Full Administrative Access.
Limited Permissions for Editors
However, if you have an Editor whom you'd like to give limited access across the site, we give you that option too. Let's break down the options.
In most instances, you will want to select the top Checkbox next to a Permissions category in order for your Editor to see that section appear in their left sidebar navigation on SiteWrench. Selecting the top checkbox does not mean the checkboxes underneath are automatically selected. The other checkboxes give your Editor the ability to Add, Modify, or Delete. You can give them access to all four checkboxes, or mix and match permissions based on what you prefer.
- To modify existing Files only, you would check the top box for general Files access and then select the Modify box for them to adjust existing Files.
- To Add new Files to SiteWrench, select the top checkbox and the Add checkbox.
- By selecting the top checkbox, the Modify checkbox, and the Add checkbox, your Editor can access and edit everything about Files, but he/she cannot delete the files, as that box is not checked off.
Special Notes on Editing Pages
- To modify every existing page on the site, select the top checkbox, then the Modify (All Pages) checkbox.
- To allow the ability to Add new pages and edit their Page Settings, select the Top checkbox, and then the Add checkbox.
- To allow the ability to Delete existing pages, select the Deleted checkbox.
- To allow your Editor access to edit specific pages only, you have to take a two step process.
- Select the top checkbox only for general Pages/Content access. This will only give your Editor the ability to see the Pages in the Page Navigation and reorder pages. They cannot yet edit the content on those pages.
2. Go to the page settings on the page you want them to edit, and flip to the Editing tab. Add their username and Save. Your Editor will now only be able to edit this one page.
You must add the Editor on a page by page basis. You can select additional options like extending this Editing Access to all subpages underneath this page, or even including an optional email with message.
Commonly asked questions
Can I allow an editor to access only particular page parts on a page and restrict them from accessing other page parts on that same page?
No, if you allow an editor the ability to edit the content on a page, all areas of that page are editable and a particular page part cannot be given restricted access.
Can I restrict editors from changing the navigation order (page order) of my pages?
No, any editor with the Top checkbox selected next to "Pages" has the ability to see the pages, and they can modify the existing order even without the ability to Edit the content on those pages. There is no way to "nail down" the navigation to prevent someone from editing the page order. Your best option is to provide your staff with our free training materials so that they can be educated on how to avoid unintentionally changing the page order -- or at the very least, so they know how to set it back!
I have full administration level permissions, can I update our billing?
Only the listed Account Owner has access to the Account page to adjust the billing information for the SiteWrench site. If you are an accountant and need to view invoices or edit billing information, please contact our Accounting team at firstname.lastname@example.org.