If you want website visitors to have that warm fuzzy feeling they get when they see the secure icon next to your domain in their browser address bar, your site needs to have a SSL certificate installed. You have choices as to how we do this.
Option 1: We handle 100% of it for you forever*
We can generate and completely manage the SSL certificate for you for $200/year (billed automatically annually). This includes:
- The cost for the SSL certificate
- The work required to install the certificate for your site
- Perpetual renewal of the certificate before it expires.
The primary advantage of Option 1 is that we are responsible for keeping track of the certificate's expiration and we will ensure it always stays update to date.
Submit a support ticket telling us that you want to add a cert and that you approve the cost. We'll handle the rest for you.
*Forever means as long as we host your site on SiteWrench. We figured you knew that's what we meant, but you can't be too careful.
Option 2: Supply your own certificate
If you would like to supply your own SSL certificate, we can install it for you for $350/year (billed automatically annually). The cost is for the work required for domain verification(s), configuration and installation on our servers.
1. Submit a support ticket requesting a CSR. Please include the URL/Subdomain(s) that you want to protect. Under normal circumstances, a certificate is purchased for www.yourdomain.com and then all other variations (e.g. yourdomain.com) are automatically forwarded to the secured URL/Subdomain.
2. Use the CSR to purchase a SSL Certificate from your preferred vendor. The certificate should be formatted for Apache or Nginx (which ever your certificate provider offers).
3. Send the required resources to us:
- The Certificate File
- The Key Files formatted for Apache or Nginx
4. We will install the certificate on our servers and complete the rest of the process.
Note: You will be responsible for keeping track of the certificate expiration and providing us with the updated certificate on an annual basis. Don't forget about this.
Do you have other questions? Let us know and we'll answer them for you.