It is recommended to use the Form v2 page part for donations. This article will explain how to set up donations in a Form v2 page part without the need for a Donations page part.
Reasons the Form v2 page part is best for donations:
- More secure when handling payment options
- Actively supported (the Donations page part is no longer actively supported)
- More options and features
Features that exist in both:
- Custom fields
- Ability to take payments
- Ability to take recurring payments (only Stripe for v2 forms right now, support for Authorize.net coming soon)
- Ability for donors to manage their donations on the profile page
Follow these steps to set up a form page part to collect donations.
1. Navigate to Settings, Tools, and select Payment Gateways
2. If you do not already have a payment gateway set up, add one here.
Currently, only Stripe is supported for the Forms v2 page part. Support for Authorize.net is coming soon.
3. Once a Payment Gateway is added, navigate back to your Forms v2 page part.
4. Go to Settings, and select Payment. Make sure that Enable Payments is switched on.
5. Select the Payment Gateway you just set up and Save Settings.
- How Do I Enable Payment on Form Page Part?
- How Do I Enable Recurring Payments for a Form Page Part?
- How Do I View Recurring Payments in a Form Page Part Response?