It is recommended to use the Form page part for event registrations. This articled will explain how to set up registrations without the use of the Registration page part.
Features that allow a form to be an event registration:
- Response schedule
- Response limit
- Collecting payments
The deprecated Registration page part operated a bit differently than the Form page part. The old registrations page part could be setup for multiple events. The form page part only accommodates registrations for a single event. This is not much of a barrier as it is possible to copy a Form page part to create a new event registration with a Form page part.
Follow these steps to learn how to set up a Form page part to register for an event. We'll use the example of registering for a company picnic.
1. Create a new form and give it an event name.
2. Add fields based on the information you wish to collect in the registration. Be sure to make important information "Required".
Now that the form itself has the appropriate fields, let's change some of the form settings to behave like an event registration.
3. Navigate to Settings and select Response Limits.
4. With Limited Responses turned on, set the number of responses allowed in the Response Limit field. Be sure to Save Settings.
5. Navigate to Settings and select Response Schedule.
6. With Response Schedule turned on, set a start and end date and time that registrations for this event will be allowed. Be sure to Save Settings.
7. This process sets up registration for a single event. If you would like to create a registration form for next years company picnic, for example, simply copy the current registration form and change the start and end date and time that registrations are allowed.
Please sign in to leave a comment.